2020 - 2021 TRYOUT INFORMATION
Delaware Fury, Inc.
Fastpitch Travel Softball
10U – 18U age groups
2020-2021 Information Form
Delaware Fury is a highly competitive travel sports organization operating teams for 10U through 16U softball. We pride ourselves on attempting to pursue a more “balanced” approach with our athletes while still maintaining high expectations for on-field success. We believe team sports is one of the most effective platforms to have fun while building character, learning how to compete and become a great teammate.
WHY DELAWARE FURY
*Extremely dedicated coaching staff who is committed to player development on and off the field.
*Strong belief that “The Process” is always more important than the product/outcome.
*Support and encourage our young athletes to play multiple sports throughout the year.
*Encourage community involvement and continue to give 10% of monies raised through fundraising and sponsorship to other local causes in need.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- targeting 11-12 girls for tournaments, however, practice player positions are also available.
- fun, quick paced, and very intentional/planned out.
- extremely competitive with playing time being earned especially for bracket play.
- practices will start in late August through early November; targeting 2-3 tournaments.
-indoor practices and strength & conditioning will start late Jan through March.
- outdoor practices should start April through mid-July; targeting 7-8 tournaments.
- in addition to investing a portion of monies raised back into our community, we intend to continue partnering with groups like Special Olympics of Delaware, etc.
1. Does my daughter need to be at more than one tryout? ANS: Two tryouts are absolutely optional for new players; not required.
2. How will we know if she made the team? ANS: You will be notified if your daughter has made the team shortly after we complete the last tryout.
3. Where do you practice? ANS: We use outdoor & indoor facilities in Bear-Middletown-Smyrna areas.
4. How often do you practice? ANS: Targeting two practices per week for the younger age groups with the oldest age groups targeting two to three practices per week.
5. Where are tournaments? ANS: We will attempt to target tournaments within a 2 hr. drive or closer; many last year were about 1.5 hrs. Most families stayed at hotels, however, some commuted as well.